
So where did we leave off?
Oh yeah.
A French harry man.
A French harry cockroach.
and a hallway that screamed REDRUM (I wonder what Redrum is in French?)
This little girl who once dreamed of living like Eloise, was going to be living like Louise, her long lost, brunette, vermin breeding sister. But like Kay Thompson reveals, "If You are Going to Paris France, you have to turn into French and go absolutely wild".
So here I was, standing infront of my apartment about to open the door, and as I entered the room... I did in fact go W-I-L-D.
According to Thompson, I think I had officially turned French, or perhaps crazy (although, I think the two coincide).
My apartment was not what I expected. It was small. It was dark. And it was NOT the Plaza. Convinced my father had taken a mind altering potion before choosing the place, my mom and I decided to search for a new one (despite my dad's belief that this flat was "the best of the best.")
So the next day we began our hunt, and met with a travel agent who took us around the swankiest areas of Paris to find me a new pad. After three hours of running around town (and I mean literally running, this woman did not believe in the concept of leisure walking) my mom and I had a revelation. My apartment WAS the best of the best, and I would just have to make do.
When I returned back to the Shinning that evening, I started to develop a liking towards my new maison. I had a jacuzzi tub, a quaint little view, and the black and white checkered floor was all very Alice in Wonderland like. Now seven months later.. I still feel like Louise, Eloise's long lost sister, but despite the odd vermin I see,the apartment IS rawther extraordinaire.
No comments:
Post a Comment