As previously noted, in order to start 'blogging' about 2010, I must further review the past few months (briefly, of course).
August began with a rocky start, but ended wonderfully. I, much to my surprise, managed to land an internship with a top British designer within the first three weeks of my arrival. I would be working pre, post, and during fashion week. Nothing could stop me, I was 'Parisian' Chloe, film/fashion enthusiast and lover of all things French.
Until....
techno parade happened. Who could resist an event that just sounds so undeniably exhilarating? Honestly, I don't even remember the last time I even listened to techno music. But, I was new in Paris and just assumed seeing David Guetta on a float would be worth while?
Well this film/fashion enthusiast should have noted that NO WHERE in my job description did it state "techno aficionado".
Lesson learned: NEVER EVER attend something the French coin as "techno parade". These two seemingly fun phrases are just code for a viscious parade of thousands of violent people wearing a lot of yellow, plaid, plastic, and carrying hollow silver canes.
Now with one IPHONE down, and a few emotional scars my real Parisian adventure was about to commence.
No comments:
Post a Comment